A business may be threatened by several risk factors both external and internal. An area that is commonly overlooked, yet yields huge influence on productivity, is the quality and value of information shared among employees. Mid-level professionals are often weary of the fact that they are not adequately informed about significant issues, deliberations, decisions and modifications. Specific setbacks that may happen where coordinated knowledge-sharing is compromised with are as following-
- Scheduled assignments are not taken up
- Same task executed by multiple people
- Lack of motivation and dedication
- Work gets done in an incorrect way
- Waste of time, energy and other resources
- Interaction with other people outside the concerned organisation gets affected
All these major fallouts are the consequences of absence of shared knowledge and cognizance. Proper distribution of information contributes directly towards the growth and development of any business. Any organisation is structured into several functional groups according to their job responsibilities with respective team leaders. Two simple steps can ensure a smooth process of data-sharing:
1.On a regular basis and on a stipulated schedule, say once a week the team leaders are required to post updates about their respective teams in details and invite questions upon them. They must timely respond to these questions and clarify matters.
2. Similarly the employees in each team must study the updates, questions and answers from not only their own team but other`s as well.
A blog in this case would serve the purpose best. It could potentially be a unique sharing platform eliminating lack of awareness among employees, reduce load on email and wastage of time yet be an invigorating medium. There goes a saying, “a little learning is a dangerous thing” which is an appropriate reminder to conclude this argument. Well informed employees will produce good results.